Symposium on Catholic School Governance
September 19, 2018
The NCEA website has several publications on Boards and Governance.
- Haney, R., O’Brien, S., & Sheehan, L. (2009). A Primer on Education Governance in the Catholic Church. Washington DC: National Catholic Educational Association.
- Loyola University Chicago. (2012, March). National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools. Chicago: Loyola University. http://www.catholicschoolstandards.org
- Robey, P.V., & Schweppe, E. (Eds.). (2012). A Practitioner’s Guide to Catholic School Leadership: Expert Advice on Practical Topics from Those in the Field. Arlington, VA: National Catholic Educational Association
- Archdiocese of Hartford Office of Catholic Schools. (2010). Leadership Manual for Catholic School Boards. Hartford: Archdiocese of Hartford.
- Clark, Monica. (2012, August 28). Experts Focus on Lay Boards’ Emerging Role in Catholic Education. National Catholic Reporter. http://ncronline.org/news/faith-parish/experts-focus-lay-boards-emerging-role-catholic-education
- Goldschmidt, E.P., & Walsh, M.E. (2011). Sustaining Urban Catholic Elementary Schools: An Examination of Governance Models and Funding Strategies. Boston: Boston College.
- Haney, R.M. (2010). Design for Success: New Configurations and Governance Models for Catholic Schools. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, Vol. 14 (No. 2). pp. 195-211.
- Holter, A.C., & Frabutt, J.M. (2012). Mission Driven and Data Informed Leadership. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, Vol. 15 (No. 2). pp. 253-269.